ADA Education and Policy Committee
Responsibilities: The committee is charged with developing recommendations related to accommodations and an appropriate institutional response to ADA issues and to:
- Organize and oversee the ADA educational programs.
- Ensure that the ADA policy remains consistent with current information from public health authorities.
- Provide a mechanism for making ADA policy decisions.
- Serve as educational resources on general information about ADA,HIV and AIDS.
- Evaluate individual needs which become known to the ADA Coordinator and/or Counseling and Prevention Services and make recommendations to address those needs.
Primary Responsibility Area: Alpine Campus - Student Life
Membership: Committee shall consist of 8 members appointed by the President, including a student representative (and an alternate), two members of the faculty nominated by the Faculty Assembly and the following five ex officio members: an instructor in vocational nursing, Associate Vice President for Facilitaties Planning, Construction and Operations, Director of Human Resources, Disability Services Coordinator, and the Health Services Coordinator.
Chair: Elected by membership
|Members||Expiration of Term|
|Vacant, Student Representative||9/30/2015|
|Vacant, Alternative Student Representative||9/30/2015|
|Dr. Amy Moreland, Faculty Representative||9/30/2017|
|Dr. Joseph Velasco, Faculty Representative||9/30/2015|
|Mr. John Hughes, Health Services||ex officio|
|Ms. Mary Schwartze, Counseling||ex officio|
|Ms. Krista Powell, Vocational Nursing||ex officio|
|Ms. Judy Perry, Human Resources||ex officio|
|Mr. Jim Clouse, Facilities Planning, Construction and Operations, Chair||ex officio|