Office of New Student Programs
Welcome to Sul Ross State University and the Office of New Student Programs, a division of the Department of Enrollment Management.
In the Office of New Student Programs, we are dedicated to the principle that all students entering Sul Ross State University have the potential to learn and grow, as scholars and citizens, during their time at our institution. Our office is committed to assisting incoming students and families through the college transition process via the purposeful integration of the academic, cultural, and social experiences across our campus. We hope to serve as a resource for our students and families as they successfully progress through their first year at Sul Ross State University.
In order to assist you in your transition to life in Lobo Land, the Office provides transition experiences, including:
- Lobo Days
- Sully's Orientation, Advising, and Registration (S.O.A.R.)
- Family Day
- Sully's Showcase Saturday
- Campus Tours
- Packleader Training
ATTENTION FUTURE LOBOS
Think you are ready for life as a Lobo? All new incoming students must complete three steps prior to attending classes at Sul Ross State University:
1) All incoming students (freshmen and transfer students) must complete an orientation and advising session prior to attending classes at Sul Ross State University. For your convenience, this requirement can be met by attending one of the many S.O.A.R. events scheduled throughtout the year. If needed, individual orientation and advising can also be scheduled by contacting the Lobo Den Student Success Center.
2) All first-time college students must complete the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA), and submit a Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) Certification prior to registration and attending S.O.A.R. Please see our TSIA webpage for more information concerning the assessment requirements and PAA Certification requirements
3) All incoming freshmen and transfer students are required to attend Lobo Days activities.