We are accepting applications for the 2015 Graduate Student Fellowships and Scholarships beginning February 1, 2015. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2015.
Lesser Fellowship and Scholarship amounts will be considered for students attending less than full time.
How to Apply
1. Open and carefully read the Graduate Fellowship and Scholarship Program document. This document provides detailed program information, including eligibility requirements, application instructions, and award recipient obligations.
2. If you are eligible to apply, complete the application form. Be sure to carefully read the form instructions.
3. Complete the Financial Need Analysis form. Attach it and all other requested documents to the completed application form (see the program description and application instructions for more information).
- If required, a copy (front and back) of your I-551, I-551c, or I-94 document
- Statement of interest
- FAFSA 2014-2015 student aid report
4. Request letters of recommendation. Make sure these letters are sent directly to the Committee.
5. Make sure your application is complete by referring to the application checklist
Tips for Timely Submission of a Complete Application
If your application is late or incomplete, it will not be considered. To ensure that this does not happen to you, start early and consider the following tips:
Complete and submit the FAFSA early. You must submit the 2015-2016 Student Aid Report (SAR) as provided upon successful completion and processing of the FAFSA with your application. To ensure timely receipt of the SAR, complete the FAFSA for 2015-2016 as soon after January 1 as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Ensure that you elect Sul Ross State University as a recipient of the FAFSA information.
Don't wait until the last minute to request letters of recommendation. Faculty members are very busy and appreciate plenty of advance notice for recommendation requests. Be sure to provide them with information about the program so that they can provide an appropriate recommendation. Also provide them with the deadline date and submission instructions (see page 4-5 of the Program Description). Since the letters will be submitted directly to the Fellowship Committee, be sure to follow-up with them to ensure the letters were written and sent.
If you have not applied to a graduate program at Sul Ross, do so as soon as possible. Although you do not have to be fully admitted to a graduate program in order to apply for an award, you must be fully admitted at the time of the award if you are selected to receive one. Visit the Graduate Admissions Office website for application instructions.
Ensure that all transcripts are on file in the Graduate Admissions Office. Transcripts from all the colleges and universities must be on file in the Graduate Admissions Office. Even if you have already been admitted, confirm that all transcripts are on file. If Sul Ross is the only University you have attended, this step is not necessary.
If you were required to take the GRE or the GMAT as a condition of admittance, ensure that your test scores are on file in the Graduate Admissions Office. If the GRE/GMAT is required and you have not taken it yet, ensure that you elect Sul Ross State University as a recipient of your scores.
Be sure to check out our "Paying for Graduate School" page for more funding opportunities!