Comprehensive Career Services
Services are provided to:
- Entering students selecting a major by exploring academic majors and career options.
- Freshmen and sophomores tailoring career decisions, considering options such as graduate study and specializing in a chosen field.
- Juniors and seniors selecting a graduate program, securing an internship, preparing a placement file, writing a resume and cover letters, preparing for interviews and planning job search strategies.
- Graduating students and alumni accessing job openings and sending out credential packets.
Individual consultations are available to assist students with college and career related concerns, either by appointment or on a walk-in basis. Individual assistance is provided with:
- Career Exploration: select a major and locate a career related to a major.
- Job Search Strategies: locate job openings and organize your search using these proven methods.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing: master the content and formatting of a professional resume. Many examples of resumes and cover letters are available to look at in the Resource Room. Bring a draft to the office on disk or paper for a critique.
- Interviewing: Get a handle on basic interview questions and techniques.
- Study Skills: Learn test-taking strategies plus methods and tips to improve your study and time management skills. For links to additional resources available on the Internet, visit Career Resources on the Web.
A collection of college catalogs and graduate school directories is maintained along with job announcements and listings, hotline directories and employer profiles in UC 211C. Reference materials and handouts on career exploration, self assessment, job search skills and resume writing are also available.
Receive recognition for volunteer and community work. Develop a transcript that reflects your skills and abilities. See the Orgsync link on the Sul Ross State University homepage.
Visit our Facebook page and LinkedIN group to find out recent events and learn up-to-date information regarding Careers, Internships, Resume Writing, and Interviewing!