SRSU Web Linking Policy
Links to Sul Ross State University's Web Site
Advance permission to link to www.sulross.edu is not necessary. However, be aware that addresses on the web site may change at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to SRSU must regularly verify links to web pages. Entities and individuals linking to pages at www.sulross.edu shall not capture Sul Ross State University pages within frames, present the university's content as its own or otherwise misrepresent SRSU content. Furthermore, they shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of SRSU content. Certain information on www.sulross.edu may be trademarked, service-marked or otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and must reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property. Any link to the Sul Ross State University web site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to SRSU unencumbered. The "Back" button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Links from Sul Ross State University
Sul Ross State University reserves the right to link to external web sites that it feels would provide a service to users.
SRSU links to federal, state, and local governments that provide information and services that benefit Texas citizens and businesses. At its discretion, the university may link to non-governmental web sites that contain information and/or services that further the purpose of SRSU. Links are approved for www.sulross.edu based on the following criteria:
- The site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of the university and the site is not a:
- Commercial site, which charges a fee for products or services online; (Notices of the availability of publications by government entities that charge for the publications or notices of government sponsored conferences that charge a registration fee are not commercial sites and may be considered for linking.)
- Site that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Site that advocates or promotes the use of alcohol or tobacco;
- Site that lobbies, advocates, or advances the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This includes sites of non-profit organizations;
- Site belonging to or supporting a political affiliation; or
- Site that furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
Sul Ross State University reserves the right to deny or remove links if it determines that a web site contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of the university or does not meet one or more points of the criteria set forth elsewhere in this policy When the user clicks on the external web site link, he/she must have easy access back to www.sulross.edu. One of two options can accomplish this:
- A link to www.sulross.edu can be established on the external web site's main page; or
- The "Back" button returns the user to www.sulross.edu.
Sul Ross State University reserves the right to remove links if it determines that a web site contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of SRSU or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth elsewhere in this policy. Links from SRSU will be reviewed periodically and may be removed for the following reasons:
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point;
- The web site pointed to by the link contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria;
- The web site pointed to by the link violates the conditions for link maintenance;
- Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times or intrusive advertising; or
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period.
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.