- Select a subject and course from the drop-down lists. Click “Add Course.”
- Repeat #7 until all requested courses are on the list.
- Note that labs do not have to be added separately. The system will configure lab options with the course.
10. Click “Add Break.”
- Name the break and select it’s required times and days of the week (i.e. football practice, work, etc. that will negate a class as an option). Click “Save Break.”
- Repeat #10 and #11 as necessary until all breaks are listed.
- Click within the squares next to the courses and breaks that will be requested by the student for this semester. If all will apply, clicking in the square within the red line above will select all.
- Under “Schedules,” click “Generate Schedules.”
- If “There are no schedules available…” appears, the student must adjust either his/her requested courses or his/her requested breaks. Do so by un-checking some of the options and re-clicking “Generate Schedules.” If necessary, add additional courses as per #7 above.
- While viewing a schedule, if a specific course is a perfect fit, the student can “lock” it down and still view different arrangements of the other courses. This can be done by scrolling down to the planner layout of the schedule where each day of the week and time of day is listed similar to a planner. The classes will be shown within their appropriate slots within this view. To “lock” a class, simply click on the lock diagram within that class block. The lock will now be shown as closed, showing that it has been locked. Closing the schedule will return you to the view of other options. You should notice that the course has been locked at the top, while the others remain open. Click “Generate Schedules” again, to ensure that the remaining optional schedules are reduced to only show those with that locked course.
- Continue reviewing schedules and locking and re-generating as needed.
- Once you have found the appropriate schedule to use, you can either print it out “Print Page” (at top of screen) or click “Registration Instructions” to see the specific CRN #s for the courses in the schedule that you chose. Under “Registration Instructions,” you can click the link to Banner Self-Service, without closing the current window. Self-Service will open in a new window so that you can refer back for CRN#s to register.