Research and Faculty Development Council
The responsibilities of the Councils (Alpine and RGC) are advisory and include the following:
- Administer the Research Enhancement and Faculty Development and Enrichment programs. The council shall issue calls for proposals, shall review proposals, and shall recommend to the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and Associate Provost and Dean of Rio Grande College of the university allocations of the Research Enhancement and Faculty Development and Enrichment monies.
- Recommend general guidelines for the submitting of requests, including the criteria for judging proposals, the categories of priority, and any restrictions which may be placed on a grant approval by the university.
- Recommend policies defining ethical and legal requirements relating to research such as experimentation with human and animal subjects, copyrights, patents, utilization of research assistants, use and ownership of equipment, collection of data, the rights of investigators, conflicts of interest, consulting, and other matters which from time to time may require review, discussion, and action.
- Advise on policies and matters relating to research and grant administration and faculty development and enrichment which may be referred to the council by the academic administration.
- Advise the administration on needs in research endeavors (e.g., personnel, equipment, library resources, computer services, travel, publishing, etc.) and generally promote the support of research activities.
- Assist in the general research efforts of the institution through appropriate publicity, investigation of possible sources of funding for research, and encouragement of research by the faculty.
- Study and develop plans and make recommendations for the organization of a systematic program for the encouragement and advancement of scholarly post-doctoral research and publication by the members of the faculty.
- Study and develop plans and recommendations for the organization of a systematic program of faculty development and enrichment.
The Alpine Council shall consist of seven members elected by the Alpine faculty. Members may include only librarians and tenured or tenure-track faculty. The council chair is elected by the membership.
The RGC Council shall consist of four faculty, one from each academic department appointed by the president. The council chair is elected by the membership.
|RGC Research and Faculty Development Council||Term|
|Daniel Foley, Natural and Behavioral Sciences||2014-17|
|Fernando Quiz, Education||2015-17|
|Todd Russell, Education||2014-17|
|Wesley Wynne, Natural and Behavioral Sciences (Chair)||2015-17|