Undergraduate Admissions and Retention Council
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Undergraduate Admissions and Retention Committee of the Rio Grande College are to:
- Make annual reviews of the undergraduate admission policies and requirements and make recommendations as appropriate to maintain the standards of the Rio Grande College and the university.
- Make annual reviews of the academic policies on credit by examination, military service credit, and non-collegiate organization credit. Recommend policies and guidelines as appropriate.
- Make annual reviews of the Rio Grande College policies on academic probation and suspension and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Recommend policies to pursue in advising and counseling students.
- Make recommendations on student appeals which may be referred to the committee by the Director of Admissions and Records. Students must appeal in writing and be willing to appear before the committee.
The committee reports to the Dean of the Rio Grande College who will forward recommendations as appropriate to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Primary Responsibility Area: Academic - Rio Grande College
Membership: Committee shall consist of three members appointed by the President (including three faculty members with two-year terms) and the Director of Admissions and Records.
Chair: Director of Admissions and Records
|Efrain Adames, Business Administration||9/30/14|
|Patricia Nicosia, Natural and Behavioral Sciences||9/30/14|
|Fernando Quiz, Education||9/30/14|
|Claudia Wright, Director of Admissions and Records, Chair||ex officio|