Undergraduate Teacher Education Program
Sul Ross State University students interested in becoming certified to teach in Texas may apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program (TEP) early in their junior year (60 hours or more). A variety of programs are offered at the following levels: Early Childhood - Grade 6 (elementary), Grades 4 - 8 (middle school), Grades 8 - 12 (high school), and All-Level (EC-12) for Art, Music, or Physical Education. Consult with an advisor in the Education Department for detailed information.
Admission Requirements: Click here to see a full listing of all Teacher Education Program requirements
- Minimum of 60 semester credit hours applicable to degree.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or better.
- Completion of 9 of the 12 hours of required English courses with an overall GPA of 2.5 or better.
- No incomplete grades or grades lower than a C in a teaching field(s) or areas of specialization. Overall GPA in teaching field(s) or areas of specialization must be a 2.5 or better.
- No incomplete grades or grades lower than a C in education courses required for certification. Overall GPA in education courses must be 2.5 or better.
Basic Skills (meet test OR grade requirements):
The SRSU Teacher Education Program handbook is full of information needed to answer questions you may have regarding the program. Please review the handbook for detailed information regarding specific program requirements.
For information contact Sul Ross State University, Department of Education, Box C-115, Alpine, TX 79832