Alumni Awards & Recognition
The Alumni Association recognizes Sul Ross alumni and friends for distinguished achievements, outstanding service and support:
The Distinguished Alumnus and Distinguished Young Alumnus Award reflect the highest honor that the University and Alumni Association can bestow upon an alumnus, and recognize the accomplishments and contributions of notable graduates.
The Slingin’ Sammy Baugh Award for Outstanding Service recognizes individuals, both alumni and friends of SRSU, for exceptional service and support to the University. The award is named for legendary collegiate and professional quarterback, Sammy Baugh, a generous friend whose fundraising helped provide scholarships to many Sul Ross students.
The 2013 award process is currently closed. Nominations for 2014 will open in February.
The online nomination form allows you to paste or attach biographical information, as well as letters of support and/or references to enhance your nomination. If you prefer to submit a nomination by surface mail, please complete and print the form provided and send it with supporting materials to: SRSU Office of Alumni Affairs, Box C187, Alpine, TX 79832. If you have questions or need any help, please contact us at 432-837-8443. Thank you!
- Candidates for public office are not eligible to be nominated.
- Individuals employed by Sul Ross State University are not eligible during their term of employment.
- Members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors are not eligible during their term of service.
- The Awards Committee is comprised by members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- No more than (a total of) six awards will be conferred in a single year.
- Nominations of individuals not selected will be retained and reviewed for three consecutive years.
Distinguished Alumni, Outstanding Service, and Athletic Hall of Honor awards are presented each fall during Homecoming weekend. Our 2013 Honorees will be recognized at a special event on Saturday, October 12th in Alpine, Texas.
The Athletic Hall of Honor Awards recognize former Lobo athletic standouts, coaches, sports administrators and boosters for their outstanding contributions to athletics; their sportsmanship and character. For more information on the 2013 Athletic Hall of Honor awards process, please visit the Sul Ross Lobos website.