Francois Fine Arts Building

Francois Fine Arts Building
Building Code: FAB

Fine Arts and Communication

Built in 1950 and renovated in 1980, the Fine Arts Building was named in 1999 in honor of longtime benefactors James W. and Margaret A. Francois.

Sul Ross art professor Miltia Hill designed the building, which houses the Studio Theatre, the university's art gallery and the fine arts department's offices, classrooms and studios.

Just a few of the many facilities in the building are SRTV, which provides a schedule of events as well as student-produced TV programming on the campus cable TV network; and KSRC-FM radio, which broadcasts on the SRTV channel as well as nine hours a week over Alpine's local KALP-FM radio station.

<< Back to Campus Tour