Warnock Science Building
Opened in 1960, the Science Building was named the Barton H. Warnock Science Building at a homecoming ceremony in 1979.
Professor Emeritus Barton Warnock was a member of the Sul Ross faculty from 1946 to 1979. During that time he served as department chairman of the biology department and director of the science division. He helped design the building named for him.
The building is home to the university's science programs and features labs and other facilities for chemistry, physics, geology and several branches of biology, including botany, zoology, microbiology and molecular biology.
The Warnock Building recently completed a $9 million renovation. Previous renovations were completed in 1980.