Thomas J. Fletcher Hall was originally known as Morelock Hall, but was renamed in 1988 to continue the use of the name Fletcher. Thomas Fletcher was president of Sul Ross from 1917 to 1920.
Until the opening of Lobo Village, Fletcher Hall was home to 110 resident students, with men on one floor and women on the other. Sophomore and older students were housed in this building. Fletcher is still used periodically as an overflow residence hall.