Faculty Affairs Council
Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of the Faculty Affairs Council are to make recommendations to the Chief Academic Officer of the university on all matters involving the granting of tenure and promotion. The council shall serve as a body to consider individual faculty grievances. All promotion and tenure reviews require the attendance of all Council members. The Council's meetings are closed and its deliberations are confidential. The Council's recommendations are made directly to the Chief Academic Officer of the University who shall present written recommendations to the President. The Council shall summarize its recommendation on tenure and promotion to the Faculty Assembly by the final faculty meeting of the spring term. More specifically, the Faculty Affairs Council shall:
1. Ensure that applicable policies for tenure and promotion are followed and that all candidates are treated fairly.
2. Review and evaluate the dossiers and recommendations submitted for each candidate and make recommendations to the Chief Academic Officer of the university.
3. Review tenure and promotion policies and procedures and make recommendations to the Faculty Assembly for revision.
4. Review nominations for honorary degrees, emeritus status, and distinguished emeritus status and make recommendations to the Faculty Assembly and to the Chief Academic Officer of the University.
5. Review tenure credit and faculty rank awarded to new faculty and administrators with faculty rank to insure compliance with the guidelines of the Rules and Regulations of the Texas State University System.
Criteria for promotion and tenure, including dosier information can be found in the Faculty Handbook - starting with Section 2.04
Deadlines for the 2015-16 Application Process:
Friday, October 14 – Faculty Applications [Dossiers] to the Department Chair
Friday, November 13 – Dossiers forwarded from the Department Chair to the Dean
Friday, November 20 – Dean convenes the School Promotion/Tenure Committee
Friday, December 11 – Dossiers forwarded from the Dean to the School Committee
Friday, January 22 – Dossiers forwarded from the School Committee to the Dean
Friday, February 12 – Dossiers forwarded from the Dean to the Chair of the Faculty Affairs Council
Friday, March 11 – Dossiers from the Faculty Affairs Council to the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
Friday, March 25 – Dossiers from the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs to the President
Primary Responsibility Area: Academic
Membership: Appointed (shall consist of seven tenured faculty members elected by the Faculty Assembly)
Chair: Elected by Faculty Assembly
|Members||Expiration of Term|
|Ms. Carol Fairlie, Fine Arts and Communication - Secretary||09/30/2017|
|Ms. Dona Roman, Fine Arts and Communication||09/30/2016|
|Dr. Lorie Rubenser, Homeland Security and Criminal Justice - Chair||09/30/2017|
|Dr. Chris Ritzi, Biology, Geology and Physical Sciences||09/30/2018|
|Dr. Scott Ericsson, Animal Science||09/30/2016|
|Dr. James Zech, Biology, Geology and Physical Sciences||09/30/2018|
|Dr. Paul Will, Animal Science||09/30/2018|