Responsibilities: The Honors Council shall administer the honors program and perform the following responsibilities:
1. Establish policies for the recruitment of students for the honors program.
2. Establish and monitor eligibility requirements.
3. Select and recruit honors faculty.
4. Evaluate the honors faculty.
5. Provide for the general assessment of the honors program.
6. Administer the honors program budget.
7. Direct fund-raising and develop grant proposals.
8. Direct the public relations for the program.
9. Provide honors advising for students.
10. Establish the sequence of honors courses for each year.
11. Determine the core requirements to be satisfied by each honors course.
12. Approve charters for academic honor societies and oversee those societies.
13. Establish standards for graduation with honors.
Primary Responsibility Area: University-wide
Membership: Appointed (shall consist of eight members: four elected by the Faculty Assembly, and three student members to serve 1-year terms as appointed by the Student Government Association, and the Director of the Honors Program)
Term: 1- year and 3-year
Chair: Elected by membership
|Members||Expiration of Term|
|Dr. David Martin, Computer Science and Mathematics - Chair||9/30/2013|
|Ms. Dona Roman, Fine Arts and Communication - Secretary||9/30/2013|
|Dr. Joseph Velasco, Fine Arts and Communication||9/30/2015|
|Dr. Esther Rumsey, Fine Arts and Communication||9/30/2013|
|Dr. Kathy Stein, Honors Program Director, ACE||ex-officio|
|Anna Sandoval, Student Representative||9/30/2013|
|Karina Galindo, Student Representative||9/30/2013|
|Ryan Hoffer, Student Representative||9/30/2013|