South Texas Chapter
South Texas Alumni & Friends Chapter
South Texas Alumni & Friends is dedicated to helping students from South Texas get a great education at Sul Ross State University! Chapter activities raise money for scholarships for incoming and returning Sul Ross students, attending classes on the Alpine campus, who are from any of the following 24 counties in Texas:
Aransas, Atascosa, Bee, Brooks, Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, La Salle, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Nueces, San Patricio, Starr, Webb, Willacy, Zapata, Zavala
Scholarship Criteria & Applications
- Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen or transfer students from one of the (24) counties in Texas, as listed above.
- Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen or transfer students who meet the admission requirements of Sul Ross State University and who attend classes at the University's Alpine campus.
- Scholarships are awarded to returning Sul Ross students who are full-time and have completed at least 30 semester hours with a GPA of 2.5 or better.
All applications and scholarship selections are reviewed/determined by a committee of South Texas Alumni & Friends of Sul Ross State University. The deadline to apply is June 1st.
Connect with Sul Ross friends while helping area students pursue their education at our beloved Alma mater! Membership in the South Texas Alumni & Friends Chapter requires current membership in the Sul Ross Alumni Association. Additional chapter dues of $10.00 per year should be made payable to "South TX Alumni & Friends" and sent to: Baldemar Garza, Treasurer, 200 East Second Street, Rio Grande, Texas 78582.
For more information on activities of the SRSU South Texas Chapter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
South Texas Board of Directors
- President, Mario Texxas Garcia
- Vice-President, Cynthia Sanchez
- Treasurer, Baldemar Garza