12 s.c.h. post-baccalaureate supplemental
- EDUC 3328 Foundations of Bilingual Education OR
- EDUC 5328 Bilingual Education: Principles & Curr.
- EDUC 3329 OR EDUC 5329 Methodology of Second Language Teaching
- EDUC 4328 Teaching Spanish Language Arts in the Bilingual Classroom OR
- EDUC 6328 Methodology in Reading/Language Arts in Bilingual Education
- EDUC 4329 Teaching Content Areas in the Bilingual Classroom OR
- EDUC 6329 Methodology in Content Area Instruction in Bilingual Education
- Hold standard or provisional Texas teaching certificate.
- Pass Texas Oral Proficiency Test (TOPT) or other specified test required in Spanish.
- One year's experience on a permit in an approved elementary Bilingual Classroom.
- Pass Bilingual TExES.
All coursework taken for certification must equal or exceed an overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4-point scale, with no grade lower than a "C".