Faculty Assembly Executive Council
Responsibilities: The Faculty Assembly Executive Council shall oversee the general interests and business of the Faculty Assembly. The Faculty Assembly Executive Council may act for the faculty between meetings, but no action of the council may conflict with any action already taken by the Faculty Assembly. The council shall also:
1. Prepare the agenda for Faculty Assembly meetings.
2. Serve as a nominating committee for Faculty Assembly elections.
3. Conduct Faculty Assembly elections.
4. Serve as a clearinghouse for Faculty Assembly business and see that business is assigned to the appropriate council.
5. Review the structure and workings of the Faculty Assembly Councils and recommend any modifications to the Faculty Assembly.
6. Recommend faculty appointees to the President for various University Committees other than the Faculty Assembly Councils.
7. Prepare a budget for the Faculty Assembly.
8. Review and make recommendations to Chief Academic Officer of the University concerning the revision of the Faculty Handbook.
9. Nominate an at-large member of the Faculty Assembly Executive Council to represent the Faculty on the Academic Committee
10. Represent the Faculty at commencement ceremonies, convocations, and other University ceremonies. The Chairperson shall serve as mace bearer for the University.
Primary Responsibility Area: Faculty
Membership: Elected (shall consist of seven members: the four officers of the Faculty Assembly and three members elected at large by the faculty)
Term: three-year - At Large; two-year - Officers; two-year - Parliamentarian
Dr. Joseph Velasco, Fine Arts and Communication - Chair
Expiration of Term