First Time Students
- Talk with your counselor to determine if you are eligible to participate in the Dual Credit Program. See Student Eligibility for more information. If eligible, proceed to step 2.
- Complete & submit the Online Apply Texas Application (www.applytexas.org). If you prefer to complete a paper application, contact Debbie Tout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit proof of college readiness by exemption (ACT, SAT, STAAR/ECO, TAKS) or passing score(s) on the state approved assessment test.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a SRSU Dual Credit Form with all signatures (Student/Parent/Counselor or Principal -signed & dated)
- Submit proof of receiving the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine (only for students planning to enroll in dual credit course delivered on the Sul Ross State University Campus/Site)
Returning Students – Start at #5
After admission to Sul Ross and the Dual Credit Program, you may enroll in a maximum of 2 college courses. You may only enroll in courses for which you are deemed college ready. For example, if you passed the math TSIA but not the reading and writing, you may enroll in math course but not english courses. Your counselor can help you choose appropriate courses. See Dual Credit Courses for course listing specific to your school.
Your counselor will work with staff members at Sul Ross to enroll you in the correct course(s).