Degree Plan for MA in Public Administration
The Master of Arts in Public Administration is designed to meet the needs of individuals currently employed in, or desiring careers in, public service.
The degree requires 36 semester credit hours of coursework, including:
15 SCH in Required Courses:
- PS 5303 Public Administration Survey
- PS 5307 Scope and Methods in Social Science
- PS 5310 Public Budgeting and Finance
- PS 5311 Intergovernmental Relations
- PS 5313 Public Policy Analysis
6 SCH Chosen from the Following Courses:
- PS 5301 Seminar in Comparative Government and Public Policy
- PS 5302 Seminar in International Relations and Public Policy
- PS 5315 Local Government Administration
- PS 5316 Special Topics in Public Administration
- PS 5317 Seminar in US Government
9 -12 SCH in a Related Discipline
3-6 SCH of Additional Coursework in Political Science, to bring the total SCH to 36.
Plus, completion of the comprehensive exam requirements.
For information about a MA in Public Administration at Sul Ross, contact Dr. David Watson.