Master of Science in Homeland Security
This program is entirely web based, using Blackboard as its instructional platform
In addition to meeting the university-wide requirements for all Master's degree programs found in this catalog, all students must (1) complete the required core (12 SCH); (2) complete 12 SCH from the set of designated electives; (3) complete 12 SCH of other electives, and (4) successfully complete the comprehensive examination.
Required Core. 12 SCH:
- CJ 5301 Overview and Administration of the Criminal Justice System
- CJ 5323 Homeland Security
- CJ 5325 Graduate Seminar
- CJ 5334 Legal Research
Designated Electives. 12 SCH:
Choose 12 SCH from the following:
- CJ 5322 Immigration Issues
- CJ 5328 Seminar on Transnational Crimes
- CJ 5329 Seminar in Emergency Management and Disaster Preparedness
- CJ 5330 Emerging Issues in Homeland Security
- CJ 5336 Seminar on Domestic Terrorism
- CJ 5337 Seminar on International Terrorism
Other Electives. 12 SCH:
Students will select 12 SCH of electives from graduate level courses in Criminal Justice or Political Science/Public Administration, or may select courses in other subjects with approval of the Graduate Coordinator.
*This program does not offer a thesis option.