Graduate Research Resources
Provided here are resources for graduate students engaged in scientific research. For information on library research resources and thesis preparation, please visit our Writing and Thesis Preparation Resources page.
Research Involving Animals
If your research involves the use of animals, either in the lab or in the field, you may be required to obtain approval for your research protocol from the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) prior to the start of your study. Consult with your advisor about IACUC approval if your research involves animals.
Research Involving Human Subjects
If your research involves human subjects, you must obtain approval for your research protocol from the Institutional Review Committee prior to the start of your study. Consult with your advisor if you plan to conduct research involving human subjects.
- Sul Ross Application for Review of Research Using Human Subjects Word
- Sul Ross Application for Review of Research Using Human Subjects PDF
- Federal Regulations Concerning Human Subjects (Title 45 CFR Part 46)
- On Being a Scientist: A Guide to Responsible Conduct in Research: Third Edition (2009). National Academy of Sciences Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory: Handling and Management of Chemical Hazards, Updated Version (2011) National Research Council Board on Chemical Sciences and Technology
- Biosafety in the Laboratory: Prudent Practices for Handling and Disposal of Infectious Materials (1989) National Research Council Commission on Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Applications
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (1996) National Research Council Institute for Laboratory Animal Research