How the Program Works
The SRSU Executive MBA at Chihuahua is designed for young executives and mid-career managers who are at general management levels or who will soon assume those responsibilities.
It is seeking candidates who want to increase their understanding of business and management to enable performance at a higher level.
The EMBA curriculum consists of 12 courses at 3 semester credit hours each. The courses are offered in a two-year rotation and may be completed over a period ranging from two to six years. Students may begin the program in any semester. See the schedule for course offerings in 2013. The courses are:
Who is in the program?
- Average student age: 30
- Average management experience: 5 years
- Percentage of female students: 40 pecent
- Typical background: Mexican/international enterprise manager
- ACC 5307: Accounting for Management
- ECO 5304: Reseach & Readings in Economics
- FIN 5306: Seminar in Financial Management
- GBA 5301: Business Strategy
- GBA 5302: Readings & Cases in Business Administration
- GBA 5304: Management Information Systems
- GBA 5308: Problems in Business Administration:Logistics Mgt
- GBA 5309: Quantitative Analysis & Decision Theory for Bus
- MGT 5304: Seminar in Management
- MGT 5312: International Management
- MKT 5303: International Marketing
- MKT 5305: Seminar in Marketing
The professor, in keeping with the program's family-friendly commitment and modern technology, delivers course content through live webinars and through Blackboard. Professors and students maintain close communication regarding the courses and program.
The per-course tuition is $500, USD. Course materials are an additional cost. Tuition includes the perquisite of access to each university’s facilities, including academic and recreational, in accordance with standard university student regulations.
An overall grade point average of 3.0 is required to earn the degree. An individual course grade of 2.0 is required for course credit.