Meeting and Event Services

Requesting Use of Facilities

The Campus Activities Office coordinates the use of all university classrooms, Kokernot Lodge, the parking lots and most other SRSU facilities. Individuals and organizations on or off campus may request to use these facilities.

  1. Before submitting a Facilities Use Request Form - (PDF Option) form check availability of the space by calling (432) 837-8191, or emailing Campus Activities .
  2. The person listed as “Requester” on the form should be well informed about the meeting or event and able to answer questions regarding the event. Campus Activities considers the requester to be the event planner for the requested meeting or event.
  3. Please include as much information about your needs in the “request for equipment or special needs section of the form” and do not assume we have information on file unless you have verified that with Campus Activities in advance.
  4. Off-campus clients are required to submit a Facilities & Property Use Waiver & Liability Release along with their Facilites Use Request Form. Off-campus clients are defined as any group or organization using University Facilities for purposes not affiliated with the University. On-Campus requests must be submitted on behalf of a University Department by a full time University employee.
  5. Campus Activities would like to receive Facilities Use Request Forms at least 5 days before your event or meeting. If you need space for an annual event it is highly advisable to submit requests as much as a year or more in advance. Some request will be held as tentative until academic and athletic calendars are finalized to avoid booking conflicts.
  6. If your event is being held in the University Center or Marshall Auditorium it is advisable to set up a meeting with Jeff Blake so that we can create set-up diagrams and go over the set-up details of your event.
  7. There is more detailed information regarding specific meeting rooms and facilities below under Venues and Facilities.

Instructions for Facilities Use Form and Electronic Submission

The Facilities Use Request form is set-up to allow clients to fill it out on a computer and submit it easily to Campus Activities. Open the form below and type the needed information in each field. When you are finished, double check that all information is complete and correct. Once you are satisfied the form is correct click on the submit box at the bottom of the first page of the form. The form will be automaticcly sent to Campus Activities. This works well for most computers connected to the internet. In some cases your software may not be compatible with the system and you will need to print the form and fill it out with a pen and return it to Campus Activities by mail or other appropriate methods.

Food and Catering at Your Event

As the contracted food service provider, ARAMARK has exclusive rights to provide food and refreshment items on campus, with the sole exception being Kokernot Lodge. Arrangements for meals or refreshments may be made through ARAMARK Director at (432) 837-8670. A catering deposit payable to ARAMARK will be required at the time the order is confirmed.

ARAMARK will provide tablecloths for buffets and banquets. Tablecloths for other purposes can also be arranged with ARAMARK for a per-table charge.


Meeting Rooms

  • Morgan university Center
  • Gallego Center Room 129
  • Gallego Center Green Room
  • Standard Classrooms
  • Special Use Classrooms

Banquets, Family Reunions, Wedding Receptions, Birthday Parties, etc...

Concerts, Entertainment, and Large Meetings

Outdoor Facilities

  • University Mall
  • Poets Grove
  • Kokernot Outdoor Theatre
  • S.A.L.E. Arena
  • Outdoor Arena

Sporting Events and Recreation

  • Graves Pierce Gym
  • Jackson Field
  • Kokernot Field
  • Swimming Pool
  • Tennis Courts
  • Track Field

Additional Resources and Information