Current Honors Students
As a member of the SRSU Honors Program, you are expected to meet a number of requirements each long semester (Fall and Spring).
1. Advising with the Director: Each semester you will meet with the Program Director on two separate occasions. You will meet with the Director at the beginning of the semester and you will also meet with the Director towards the end of the semester. You will be discussing your status in the program and receive advice for the following semester.
2. Campus Activities Form: Our goal is for you to graduate a well-rounded individual who not only excels academically, but who can also participate with the society around you. Throughout the semester you will document your attendance/participation on the Campus Activities Form. For each activity you will note the activity, the presenter or sponsoring organization, and the date. The Campus Activities Form is due the last class day of each long semester. You should attend and/or participate in one or more occurrences of each of the following activities:
- Multicultural Activity (1 per semester)
- Lecture (1 per semester)
- Cultural Activity: Art Show, Musical Performance, or Theatrical Performance (1 per semester)
- Attend or participate in an Athletic Event (1 per semester)
- Conference/Field Trip (3 before graduation/at least 1 conference)
- Community/Service/Leadership Project (10 hours per semester)
Please check the Campus Activities Calendar on a regular basis for some suggestions and possible group activities that can be used to fulfill these requirements.
3. Honors Coursework: Students participating in the SRSU Honors Program must take three semester Honors credit hours each long academic semester.
4. GPA: SRSU Honors Program members must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3. In addition, they must maintain a GPA of 3.5 in their Honors coursework.
NOTE: Program members do NOT have to meet these requirements during the Summer sessions.
Honors Calendar--Check here to find events scheduled for the SRSU Honors Program as well as other important due dates.