Checklist For Certification PBICP
1. Certification (deficiency plan) completed.
- Coursework is complete.
- Grades are posted.
- Transcripts/service record (if applicable) provided to SRSU-Education Certification office.
- ExCET/TExES certification exam(s) are completed as required.
3. Application on file with the Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- Go to TEA website (http://www.tea.state.tx.us) and use your Educator Logon.
- On Main Menu on the left side of the screen, choose APPLICATIONS, which has a drop-down selection list. Choose STANDARD CERTIFICATE TEXAS PROGRAM.
- Follow instructions to APPLY.
NOTE: After the affidavit, you must indicate the “recommending entity”. Choose SUL ROSS STATE UNIVERSITY – ALPINE – UNIVERSITY BASED. The next line asks you what you are applying for. Type in the name of the certificate you are seeking: i.e., History, English, Generalist EC-6 etc.
- Certification fee paid. The fee is $77 per application. If you have not previously applied for certification (i.e., educational aide or probationary) you will be required to complete the fingerprint process.
- If you have problems or questions about the online application, you may call TEA at #888-863-5880.
RECEIVING YOUR CERTIFICATE:
When your certificate is processed, you may view or print it on your secure TEA website. If you request a paper copy of your certificate at the time you apply, you will receive an official certificate by mail in about 6-8 weeks after your certificate is processed.
- SRSU homepage: http://www.sulross.edu
- Graduate Application: http://www.sulross.edu/pages/3015.asp; or from SRSU homepage, choose Quick links/Admissions/Graduate Students/Graduate Application for Admission
- TExES/ExCET information: SRSU Contact: Gloria Brownell, 432-837-8391 MAB 305. TExES/ExCET website: http://www.texes.ets.org
- Texas Education Agency: http://www.tea.state.ts.us
Post Baccalaureate Initial Certification Program:
Mrs. Gloria Brownell, 432-837-8391 MAB 305
Master of Education with alternative certification:
Dr. Scarlet Anderson, 432-837-8058 MAB 309C