Transcripts cannot be issued until all debts to the university are paid.
Contacts for Transcript Requests
Address: Transcript Processing, Sul Ross State University, Box C-2, Alpine, TX 79832
Fax: (432) 837-8431
Requesting a Transcript
- Requests for transcripts may be made in person, by sending a letter to the Center for Enrollment Services at Lawrence Hall, Room 100, or through Banner Self Service.
- Transcripts can be ordered via the internet 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates will be e-mailed to you. you can also track your order online using your e-mail address and order number. Your signed consent may be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return via fax, mail or as a scanned e-mail attachment.
- All requests should include: name attended under, Social Security Number, last term attended, number of copies desired (maximum of five copies per request), the complete mailing address of where the transcript should be sent, a contact telephone number in the event we have questions, and your signature.
- There is no charge by SRSU for transcripts. There is a limit of five transcripts per request. If mailed to a home address or picked up by the student, we will stamp the transcript Issued Directly to Student.
- Allow a minimum of 72 hours for processing of a transcript request. Requests will be processed as quickly as possible in the order of receipt. During peak periods (final exams and grade posting, registration, and commencement) there will be a delay of several days. Therefore, you should request transcripts at least two weeks ahead of these periods.
- All requests must be by the student. Request by persons other than the student will not be honored without the student's written authorization.
- Transcripts may not be picked up at the office by anyone other than the student unless that person has written authorization from the student. We will verify the signature against signatures in the student's records.
- The Center for Enrollment Services will issue only Sul Ross transcripts. Sul Ross cannot release copies of another school's transcripts. Transcripts from other schools must be ordered from the original source.
- Sul Ross transcripts provide a complete and accurate picture of a student's academic record. Requests to withold any aspect of that record will not be granted.
- Don't wait until the last minute to get a copy of your transcript. Keep a recent copy of your transcript for photocopying when you need to attach a transcript to a resume or job application. A transcript usually does not have to be official when used for an interview or attachment to applications.
- Have the complete address of where your transcript is to be mailed. Does your transcript need to go to an Admissions Office, Transfer Office, Graduate School Admissions Office, Personnel Director, Department or Advisor? All may have different mailing addresses. Unless instructed differently, the Center for Enrollment Services mails to the Office of Admissions at educational institutions.
- Provide a complete return address and telephone number in the event the transcript clerk needs to reach you about your transcript request.
- If conducting a job search, contact the Office of Career Services for assistance. The office is located in UC 211 and the telephone number is (432) 837-8724.
- Requests submitted via fax machine are acceptable if the transcript is being sent to another educational institution or agency. Transcripts sent via fax machine are considered to be unofficial and are not followed up by an official copy unless an additional fee has been paid in advance. Most institutions require transcripts be mailed from school to school.