Facilities Planning, Construction and Operations
Sul Ross State University occupies a total of 647.05 acres. The central campus of Sul Ross State University consists of approximately 495 acres of which 95 acres are developed. Utilities and support services are provided to 63 buildings containing more than one million square feet along with many outside student activities.
The Facilities Planning, Construction & Operations office is responsible for supporting the university community in areas of facilities projects, facilities planning, construction management and facilities operations, to ensure improvements in today's higher education setting are met.
This office also has direct oversight for the Physical Plant departments and services, ensuring professional maintenance and repair of university facilities is provided.
Historical Utility Data
- Electric (PDF, 98 KB) Updated 05/26/15
- Natural Gas (PDF, 142 KB) Updated 05/12/15
- Water (PDF, 97 KB) Updated 05/12/15
Campus Master Plans
- 2011 Campus Master Plan (PDF, 8.81 MB)
- Sections I-VII (PDF, 2.49 MB)
- Section VIII Part 1 (PDF, 8.89 MB)
- Section VIII Part 2 (PDF, 9.18 MB)
- Section VIII Part 3 (PDF, 8.46 MB)
- Section VIII Part 4 (PDF, 6.28 MB)
The Physical Plant departments include Building Maintenance, General Services, Grounds Maintenance and Utilities Maintenance. Their goal is to operate, maintain and repair the physical environment and provide support services for the university. This includes the buildings, athletic complexes and grounds of the university campus and outlying facilities.