TSUS SHARED SERVICES PARTNERSHIP with SRSU
SRSU signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Sam Houston State University in January 2020 agreeing to join Lamar Institute of Technology in a TSUS shared services partnership.
• Institutional partnership project
• Collaboration among TSUS schools to pool resources
• An initiative to share services and resources in support of improving and expanding quality online education within the Texas State University System
Support/Training Benefits of Partnership for SRSU
With the addition of the SHSU Partnership, our SRSU online faculty and students will gain the following added support services & training resources:
(1) Access to all Blackboard boot camps, conferences, webinars, etc. developed and offered by the SHSU Online campus
– Beginning on March 23rd, 2020, and continuing to present, SHSU Online offers SRSU faculty a schedule of weekly online training webinars.
– Starting in summer 2020 and continuing every semester since, SHSU Online began offering cohorts for SRSU faculty in a Course Redesign and Teaching Certification program.
(2) OnMay 18th, 2020, SHSU Online began providing 24 x 7 Blackboard Online Support Desk including atoll-free hotlinefor SRSU Faculty & Students.
(3) SHSU Online has hired an Instructional Designer, Jorge Luna, who is dedicated to working with and supporting SRSU faculty.
Shared Services Benefits of Partnership for SRSU
Over the course of spring and summer 2020, the SHSU Shared Services team worked to seamlessly migrate our SRSU Blackboard environment into the TSUS/SHSU shared services Blackboard environment (with LIT) for the fall 2020 semester. The migration started in phases from April 6th, 2020 until August 14th, 2020. SRSU Faculty were given early access to their fall 2020 courses on the TSUS Blackboard environment on July 6th, 2020, and a seamless switchover occurred for student access on August 17th, 2020. Once in the TSUS shared services Blackboard environment, SRSU faculty and students gained access to resources, tools, and online support areas previously unavailable to us such as:
(1) Kaltura Lecture Capture – a lecture capture solution that is simple, streamlined, and integrated with Blackboard
(2) Respondus LockDown Browser & Monitor – a test integrity and test proctoring solution integrated with Blackboard
(3) Blackboard Ally – automatically check for accessibility issues in your Blackboard courses and guides instructors on how to improve accessibility
(4) EesySoft – communicates on the screen with online faculty/student users and guides them through doing any task or using any feature in their Blackboard environment
Our SHSU Online Team
Dr. Ruth Chisum – Executive Director for Online Operations
Ray Scheel – Assistant Director for Course Development
Jacob Spradlin – Associate Director for Instructional Technology Support Services
Ricki Lee Hodges Neri – TSUS Blackboard Administrator
Daniel Walker – Assistant Director, Online Support Services
Jorge Luna – Instructional Designer to Sul Ross State University
For More Information Contact:
SRSU Blackboard Administration – Instructional Designer / Technologist
P.O. Box C-6, Alpine 79832
- BAB 313
- PO Box C-106
- Alpine TX 79832