About the Peer Tutor Program
Certified by the College Reading and Learning Association, the Sul Ross Peer Tutor Program provides free academic tutoring services for all undergraduate students. Peer Tutors conduct one on one tutoring, collaborative learning groups, Adopt-A-Class tutoring, and other tutoring session programs. Each Peer Tutor earns Level One International Tutor Training Program Certification through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
The Role Of The Peer Tutor
- Peer Tutors establish a comfortable working environment.
- Peer Tutors model good student behavior.
- Peer Tutors help students become independent learners.
- Peer Tutors determine and respond to student needs in both subject matter and study skills.
- Peer Tutors refer students to other resources as needed.
Who Can Be A Tutor?
Students who are TSI clear (Any Developmental courses are completed), have at least a 3.0 GPA, have a desire to help fellow students, and the ability to work with a team.
Who Can Utilize the Tutoring Program?
Want To Become A Peer Tutor?
Academic Enhancement Seminars
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) hosts several Academic Enhancement Seminars throughout the semester.
Check out the Spring 2021 Schedule
Need some tips and tricks on college success?