Steps to Financial Aid
- Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using completed 2012 tax information to apply for Fall 2013, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014. Using estimated taxes will slow your financial aid processing down considerably.
- List Sul Ross State University's School Code 003625 on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Submit all required financial aid forms and requested information to the SRSU Center for Enrollment Services as soon as possible. No federal or state need-based aid can be awarded until all documents are received.
- Read and respond promptly to any information received from the Center for Enrollment Services.
- Request loan funds be sent to Sul Ross State University by electronic funds transfer.
- Complete Loan Counseling/Debt Management by Internet if applying for a student loan.
- Enroll in at least six hours each semester for which you apply for financial aid and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Consult the Financial Aid Office if you are an undergraduate student planning to drop below 12 hours or a graduate student planning to drop below nine hours.
- Keep your mailing address up to date with the Center for Enrollment Services.