College of Graduate Studies OPEN HOUSE & Graduate Fellows Symposium
Thank you for helping make the
College of Graduate Studies OPEN HOUSE & Title V PPOHA Fall 2022 Graduate Fellows Symposium
held on Wednesday, November 9th from 3-6pm in BAB 300 & BAB 317
such a success for our College of Graduate Studies area
and our PPOHA 2022 Fellows!
SRSU Title V PPOHA Graduate Fellowships
Announcing the Title V PPOHA 2022-2023 Graduate Fellowships!
The Spring 2023 Title V PPOHA Graduate Fellowships will open for applications on November 1st, 2022.
The deadline for getting your Spring 2023 Fellowship applications submitted by will be December 1st, 2022.
Qualifications for Applying:
- U. S. Citizen or Resident Alien
- Accepted into a Graduate Program at Sul Ross State University or have application under review
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (3.25 preferred)
- Must be registered for a class the semester they receive a fellowship. The amount awarded will be based on quality of application and financial need per Financial Aid.
Requirements for Applying:
- Fellowships are open to Sul Ross State University Graduate Students
- Make sure that transcripts from all institutions you have attended are on file with the Center for Enrollment Services. If GRE or other test scores are required by your admitting department, those scores must also be on file with the Center for Enrollment Services
- Applicants must meet the university requirements for employment at the time of application. These requirements are found at : https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-9.pdf
- Fellowship will require in person and online presence.
- You are ineligible to apply for further fellowships if you have not completed the requirements of a current or past fellowship that was awarded you.
- Before accepting the fellowship, Fellows will be asked to sign a statement of understanding which will include the intent to complete the Fellowship term.
Requirements/responsibilities if you are awarded a PPOHA Fellowship are::
- To meet with our PPOHA staff 2 times during the semester
- To attend a financial literacy workshop
- To acquire a faculty mentor and meet with them every two weeks regarding your research. This Faculty Mentor contract must be completed and submitted to Ida Hoelscher, PPOHA Grant Director.
- To give a 15-minute presentation on your research at a PPOHA Research Brown Bag event OR present at the annual SRSU Student Research Symposium (Spring Fellowships only)
- To schedule at least two hours every two weeks working in the Graduate Student Center Lab (research can be done at this time and after 5pm hours are preferred)
- Completed application form (link to application form below)
- Student Aid Report Form (SAR)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty members.
- Statement of intent
Click Here for Applicant Instructions & Online Fellowship Application Form
(must log in with SRSU LoboID & Password at bottom of application page to view form)
For any questions on the PPOHA Graduate Fellowships contact:
Ida Hoelscher, PPOHA Grant Director
Graduate Student Support Services area resources:
- The Graduate Student Center Computer Lab (BAB 300) provides:
- A Mac and PC graduate computer lab with MS Office and Adobe software
- Graduate program specific software available on many lab PCs
- Wireless internet
- A nearby conference room that can be reserved for group study or meetings, student presentation rehearsals and workshops
- A nearby graduate faculty and student media studio
- Equipment that can be checked out for field work in remote locations (ask for equipment check-out list)
- A networked printer/copier/scanner for student use
Our Graduate Student Support Services include orientation, mentoring, workshops/direct assistance in financial literacy, academic research, writing, thesis preparation, preparing external funding requests, and career/education planning.
Fellowship Funding: Fellowships are provided by Title V PPOHA: Advancing Graduate Programs en la Frontera, which is funded in full by a United States Department of Education Title V Promoting Post-Baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) grant. Fellowship awards will be administered by Sul Ross State University, a member of the Texas State University System, located in Alpine, Texas.
For information on any of our services contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (432) 837-8524
We also offer a variety of resources which are especially helpful for students at distance. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, please e-mail or call us using the contact info above. We promise that if we can’t help you, we will find someone who can!
If you have a question about your graduate school application, contact the graduate admissions specialist at (432) 837-8247. To view current and future course offerings, click here for course schedules.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
College of Graduate Studies