The mission of the Graduate Student Support Services area, as part of the College of Graduate Studies at Sul Ross State University, is to increase access to post-baccalaureate programs and to foster graduate student success by developing and providing pro-active support services for all of our SRSU graduate students.
2022 Graduate Fellowships - Fall Fellowships Announced Soon
Qualifications for Applying:
- U. S. Citizen or Resident Alien
- Accepted into a Graduate Program at Sul Ross State University or have application under review
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (3.25 preferred)
Requirements for Applying:
- Fellowships are open to Sul Ross State University Graduate Students
- Make sure that transcripts from all institutions you have attended are on file with the Center for Enrollment Services. If GRE or other test scores are required by your admitting department, those scores must also be on file with the Center for Enrollment Services
- Applicants must meet the university requirements for employment at the time of application. These requirements are found at : https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-9.pdf
- Fellowship will require in person and online presence.
- Before accepting the fellowship, Fellows will be asked to sign a statement of understanding which will include the intent to complete the Fellowship year.
- Completed application form (link to application form below)
- Student Aid Report Form (SAR) or Statement of Financial Need
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty members.
- Statement of intent
Click Here for Applicant Instructions & Online Fellowship Application Form
The Summer 2022 Fellowship Application Deadline Has Ended.
For any questions on summer 2022 PPOHA Fellowships contact:
Ida Hoelscher, PPOHA Grant Director
Graduate Student Support Services area resources:
- The Graduate Student Center Computer Lab (BAB 300) provides:
- A Mac and PC graduate computer lab with MS Office and Adobe software
- Graduate program specific software available on many lab PCs
- Wireless internet
- A nearby conference room that can be reserved for group study or meetings, student presentation rehearsals and workshops
- A nearby graduate faculty and student media studio
- Equipment that can be checked out for field work in remote locations (ask for equipment check-out list)
- A networked printer/copier/scanner for student use
Our Graduate Student Support Services include orientation, mentoring, workshops/direct assistance in financial literacy, academic research, writing, thesis preparation, preparing external funding requests, and career/education planning.
Fellowship Funding: Fellowships are provided by Title V PPOHA: Advancing Graduate Programs en la Frontera, which is funded in full by a United States Department of Education Title V Promoting Post-Baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) grant. Fellowship awards will be administered by Sul Ross State University, a member of the Texas State University System, located in Alpine, Texas.
For information on any of our services contact us at: email@example.com or call (432) 837-8524
We also offer a variety of resources which are especially helpful for students at distance. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, please e-mail or call us using the contact info above. We promise that if we can’t help you, we will find someone who can!
If you have a question about your graduate school application, contact the graduate admissions specialist at (432) 837-8247. To view current and future course offerings, click here for course schedules.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
College of Graduate Studies