SRSU Title V PPOHA La Frontera Graduate Fellowships
Title V PPOHA La Frontera Summer 2023 Graduate Fellowships are open for application!
The Summer 2023 Graduate Fellowships submission window OPENED on March 27, 2023.
The Summer 2023 Fellowships submissions window will CLOSE on May 12, 2023.
FYI: You may only receive three (3) Title V PPOHA Fellowships within a five-year period.
Qualifications for Applying:
- U. S. Citizen or Resident Alien
- Accepted into a Graduate Program at Sul Ross State University or have application under review
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (3.25 preferred)
- Must be registered for a class the semester they receive a fellowship. The amount awarded will be based on quality of application and financial need per Financial Aid.
Requirements for Applying:
- Fellowships are open to Sul Ross State University Graduate Students
- Make sure that transcripts from all institutions you have attended are on file with the Center for Enrollment Services. If GRE or other test scores are required by your admitting department, those scores must also be on file with the Center for Enrollment Services
- Applicants must meet the university requirements for employment at the time of application. These requirements are found on the final page (page 4) in the following link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-9.pdf
- Fellowship will require in person and online presence.
- You are ineligible to apply for further fellowships if you have not completed the requirements of a current or past fellowship that was awarded you.
- Before accepting the fellowship, Fellows will be asked to sign a statement of understanding which will include the intent to complete the Fellowship term.
Requirements/responsibilities if you are awarded a PPOHA Fellowship are::
- Submit your signed Student Fellowship Contract before award can be received;
- To meet with our PPOHA staff 2 times during the semester
- To attend a financial literacy workshop
- To acquire a faculty mentor and meet with them every two weeks regarding your research. This Faculty Mentor contract must be completed and submitted to Ida Hoelscher, PPOHA Grant Director.
- To give a 15-minute presentation on your research at a PPOHA Fellows Symposium event OR present at the annual SRSU Student Research Symposium (Spring Fellowships only) OR present a 10-15 minute presentation to one of the summer youth groups (summer);
- Participate in Discussion Boards or Blogs on Blackboard as assigned by the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies;
**Fellows who fail to meet the requirements or withdraw from Sul Ross you will be required to reimburse the fellowship funds to Sul Ross State University.
- Completed application form (link to application form below)
- Student Aid Report Form (SAR)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty members.
- Statement of intent
CLICK HERE: Applicant Instructions & Online Fellowship Application Form Link
(Once on application form webpage you must log in with SRSU LoboID & Password at bottom of application page to view form)
For any questions on the PPOHA Graduate Fellowships contact:
Ida Hoelscher, PPOHA Grant Director
Graduate Student Support Services area resources:
Our Graduate Student Support Services include orientation, mentoring, workshops/direct assistance in financial literacy, academic research, writing, thesis preparation, preparing external funding requests, and career/education planning.
Fellowship Funding: Fellowships are provided by Title V PPOHA: Advancing Graduate Programs en la Frontera, which is funded in full by a United States Department of Education Title V Promoting Post-Baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) grant. Fellowship awards will be administered by Sul Ross State University, a member of the Texas State University System, located in Alpine, Texas.
For information on any of our services contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (432) 837-8524
We also offer a variety of resources which are especially helpful for students at distance. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, please e-mail or call us using the contact info above. We promise that if we can’t help you, we will find someone who can!
- The Graduate Student Center Computer Lab (BAB 300) provides:
- A Mac and PC graduate computer lab with MS Office and Adobe software
- Graduate program specific software available on many lab PCs
- Wireless internet
- A nearby conference room that can be reserved for group study or meetings, student presentation rehearsals and workshops
- A nearby graduate faculty and student media studio
- Equipment that can be checked out for field work in remote locations (ask for equipment check-out list)
- A networked printer/copier/scanner for student use
If you have a question about your graduate school application, contact the graduate admissions specialist at (432) 837-8247. To view current and future course offerings, click here for course schedules.
GSSS Recent Events: College of Graduate Studies OPEN HOUSE & Graduate Fellows Symposium
Thank you for helping make the
College of Graduate Studies OPEN HOUSE & Title V PPOHA Fall 2022 Graduate Fellows Symposium
held on Wednesday, November 9th from 3-6pm in BAB 300 & BAB 317
such a success for our College of Graduate Studies area
and our PPOHA 2022 Fellows!
CLICK HERE for our Fall 2022 PPOHA Fellows Symposium Program
CLICK HERE for our Fall 2022 Fellows Bios
SRSU GRADUATE STUDENT LAB – LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
College of Graduate Studies
- GRADUATE STUDENT CENTER COMPUTER LAB
- Briscoe Administration Building #300
- P.O. Box C-6 Alpine, TX 79832
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m
- (432) 837-8524