24-Hour National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 988
If you are a student, faculty, or staff of SRSU and you are in crisis (mental health), you should contact one of the following numbers: local emergency at 9-1-1, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-273-8255, SRSU police department (432-837-8101), or the local community mental health agency (PermiaCare, if in or around Alpine, at 432-837-3373). If you are a student in on-campus housing, you may also contact your Resident Assistant (RA), call the Residential Life office at 432-837-8190 or after hours call the on-call phone (432-294-0464), so that they can help you.
- Counseling and Accessibility Services Office
- Ferguson Hall 112
- Alpine, TX
- (432) 837-8203
- 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Counseling and Accessibility Office provides a supportive environment that helps facilitate positive change and promote mental health and emotional well-being.
The office is staffed with licensed professional counselors who provide confidential services at no cost to Sul Ross students, staff, and faculty.
- Brief, short-term individual and group counseling
- Workshops, presentations, and other activities promoting mental health
- A comprehensive referral network to off-campus providers
- Accommodation letters
To make an appointment for counseling or disability accommodations please call 432.837.8203.
(Appointments are available In-Person or Online via Zoom.)
For Telehealth services please complete and return an Electronic Informed Consent Form before an appointment is made.
To get this form, please download from this link:
- For Students: Student
- For Faculty/Staff: Faculty/Staff
For more information on accessibility services, visit this page.
- Mary Schwartze Grisham M.Ed., LPC
- Internal Family Systems Informed Therapist
- Director of Counseling & Accessibility Services
- Ronnie Harris M.Ed., LPC