The Office of Institutional Effectiveness:
- Coordinates the development of university assessment plans for non-academic programs, administrative units, academic and student support offices, as well as research and public service programs.
- Coordinates the development of university assessment plans for academic programs.
- Implements an annual schedule of assessments, activities, trainings and reviews to promote continuous improvement that addressed the SRSU Mission and Strategic Plan, including the accreditation criteria of the SACSCOC.
- Provides Institutional Research services to SRSU.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is to promote continuous improvement at Sul Ross State University. OIE is dedicated to supporting three major functions as outlined in the University Mission:
- To enable optimal teaching and learning
- To support research
- To serve as a resource for enrichment
The Institutional Effectiveness faculty and staff promote continuous improvements at SRSU by coordinating university assessments, providing guidance to faculty and staff as they evaluate the effectiveness of their programs and units, and supporting institutional compliance with the State of Texas, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
OIE firmly believes that innovation, diverse ideas, collaboration and teamwork are fundamental to achieving continuous improvement at SRSU.
Institutional Research (IR) is responsible for SRSU official reporting to the U.S. Department of Education (IPEDS reporting), the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Texas Legislative Budget Board, the Texas State University System and others.
The primary focus of IR is to transform data into information and to provide the University administration and SRSU stakeholders with timely and accurate high quality information that allows informed decision making and planning.
IR disseminates facts that support academic planning and assessment including statistics such as enrollment, student demographics, awarded degrees, graduation rates and more.
To assist in the furtherance of the goals of Sul Ross State University by working with other offices, faculty, and staff in collection of internal data; to assist with academic research; to assist with submission of reports and grants, and to assist with evaluation and assessment of programs ensuring effectiveness of all facets of the university’s services.
- Assist internal and external offices and personnel by providing support to colleagues and outside stakeholders that will assist them in completion of their work.
- Assist faculty and outside stakeholders involved in academic research.
- Work with faculty, staff, and other university offices to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the services provided by the institution.
- Prepare data and offer assistance to internal and external stakeholders to ensure their success and the success of the university.
- Collect, maintain, evaluate, assess, and use institutional data to create effective plans to reach constructive objectives.
- Contribute to the institution-wide effort to provide the type of programs and services which will present the university in a positive light.
- Prepare and distribute educational and demographic data for each semester to faculty and university offices.