Alpine, TX – Political tensions might be high elsewhere. But for Sul Ross students it was a little more friendly. Only a little.
Students came together for several dodgeball matches between to the two political student organizations on campus as well as encouraging students with no political affiliation either way to participate.
“Collaboration like this – between the College Republicans, Young Democrats, and everyone in between on our campus – is truly special to be a part of,” said College President Jessica Turner. “We’ve been able to witness how students can put aside their differences and just experience the best parts of life together. Our students are competitive, playful, and supportive of/with one another, regardless of political affiliation, and I think that’s more than can be said across a lot of our nation today. Our campus is setting an example of reaching across the aisle in our everyday lives, and I’m so grateful for the diverse group of friends I’ve made through collaborative events like this one.”
This was a great way to kick off early voting that began this week.
- All Precincts 1-8
- October 18th – 21st, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- October 22nd, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- October 25th – 28th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- October 29th, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Election Day (November 2) 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Voting Locations (You must vote at your precinct’s location on Election Day):
- Precinct 1 Brewster County Sunny Glen Cooperative Building, 2209 W Hwy 90, Alpine
- Precincts 2 & 8 Judge Val Clark Beard Conference Room, 203 N 7th, Alpine
- Precinct 3 Marathon Community Center, 2nd and Ave E, Marathon
- Precinct 4 Alpine Civic Center – Council Chambers, 803 W Holland, Alpine
- Precincts 5, 6 & 7 J.W. “Red” Pattillo Community Center, Hwy 118, Study Butt/Terlingua
For more information: https://srinfo.sulross.edu/vote/