For any job posting inquiries for off-campus employers, please take the following questionnaire to post your opportunity on our web page: https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7ZCu17XkcjOJsqi
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor I – IV (Alpine) (820942)
Texas Workforce Commission
710 East Holland Ave Suite 3, Alpine, Texas 79830
No experience required to meet minimum qualifications if candidate meets Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (CSPD).
- VRC I: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in social work, rehabilitation, or a related field.
- VRC II: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in social work, rehabilitation, or a related field plus one year of experience in vocational rehabilitation services.
- VRC III: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in social work, rehabilitation, or a related field plus three years of experience in vocational rehabilitation services.
- VRC IV: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in social work, rehabilitation, or a related field plus five years of experience in vocational rehabilitation services plus meet the Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (CSPD) educational requirements.
All levels: Experience as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor cited above must be in accordance with the career ladder requirements of the agency.
Related work experience is defined as case management, counseling, job placement, and general knowledge of disabilities.
Applicants selected who do not have a master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or CRC certificate or LPC credential will be required to meet the CSPD educational requirements within a time frame established upon employment. This will entail taking specific courses that focus on the professional role of a Rehabilitation Counselor.
Copy of official transcripts, certifications and/or credentials will be requested at the time of interview.
This position involves up to 30% travel, and method of transportation is the responsibility of employee. Counselors are required to travel to reach their assigned consumers on a regular basis. Thus, travel is required for this position. Duties also include the ability to lift/carry 10 pounds.
- Assists eligible individuals with disabilities to prepare for, retain, obtain and/or advance in competitive, integrated employment and includes assisting students with disabilities to transition successfully from high school to postsecondary education and employment
- Develops and maintains relations with community referral sources, businesses, employers and schools
- Collects and analyzes all information necessary to make an accurate eligibility decision (e.g. medical, psychological, school records, employment records, etc.)
- Assists the customer in choosing an appropriate employment by analyzing information to determine the customer’s strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities and interests, and matching that information to the current job market
- Works with the consumer to develop a plan of services designed to achieve the customer’s identified employment goals
- Ensures timely, cost-effective provision of services and consumer progress toward achievement of their employment goal
- Develops and implements a process leading to successful job placement
- Applies best value purchasing practices and uses available, comparable benefits and services to ensure effective use of public funds
- Performs other duties as assigned
Competitive starting salary: $3,385.00- $6,149.00/month
- Defined Retirement Benefit Plan
- Optional 401(k) and 457 accounts
- Medical Insurance – Currently, the state pays 100% of the health plan premium for eligible full-time employees and 50% of the premium for their eligible dependents. Eligible part-time employees get a 50% state contribution for themselves and 25% for their dependents. Employees pay the remainder of the premium by paycheck deduction before taxes are withheld.
- Optional Benefits such as dental, vision, and life insurance
- 8 hours sick leave per month
- 8 hours vacation leave per month with potential to earn more with longevity
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Additional benefits for active employees: https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits.
Phone: (512) 627-3609
Ambassador for Economic Development Outreach VISTA
Rio Grande Council of Governments/Americorps VISTA
105 N Mesa Street, Marfa, Texas 79843
Contact Name and Information:
At least 18 years of age. College graduate. Full-time in Marfa. Has a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel in Hudspeth, Culberson, Jeff Davis, Presidio, and Brewster counties. Good written and verbal communication (ideally English and Spanish).
Spanish speaking. Comfortable speaking in public. Good with social media and correspondence. Proactive. Team player.
The VISTA will work with the regional universities (Sul Ross, UTEP, and Western Tech) and eleven ISDs in the five-county region to gather information about economic development needs, including careers, apprenticeship programs, training, soft skills, labor market information, technical and technological upskilling, and digital literacy. Over the course of the service, the VISTA will integrate with communities by maintaining relationships with the universities and ISDs to help problem-solve, recommend economic development activities, and identify potential resources, grant monies, and collaborations for job creation, capacity, and vibrancy.
Permits attendance at school during off-hours. Permits to work at another job during off-hours. Training, Childcare assistance if eligible, Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Health Coverage, Relocation Allowance.
Vehicle Fleet Prep (Car Washer)
Great opportunity for an independent and responsible individual. This is a part-time position (up to 19 hours per week). An ideal candidate will work on Fridays and Saturdays. This position is non-benefitted. Big Bend Telephone is a great place to work and participates in E-Verify.
Contact: Email HR@bigbend.com or please mail a letter of interest to:
BBT, Attn: HR
808 N. 5th St. Alpine, TX 79830
*Please no phone calls.
BBT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Details: 3Play Media is looking for contract transcriptionists/editors to listen to recorded audio and video content to edit imperfect automated speech recognition transcription and occasionally, transcribe audio from scratch.
• Excellent written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Excellent command of Spanish grammar and punctuation.
• Proficiency with internet research and reference resources.
• Ability to manage projects and work independently.
3PlayMedia is a video and audio accessibility company providing services in closed captioning, audio description, translation, transcription, and live captioning.