The mission of the Sul Ross Office of Instructional Services is to inspire excellence and innovation in teaching, learning and scholarly activities at Sul Ross. Instructional Services is dedicated to promoting new models of student centered teaching, learning, and research by providing instructional and educational technology assistance to SRSU faculty, staff, and students. SRSU Instructional Services endeavors to achieve this mission by:
– Providing expertise in instructional design and development
– Developing and supporting teaching and learning environments
– Collaborating with our TSUS system, university partners and external colleagues
– Effectively applying current and emerging instructional technologies
– Delivering services for the assessment, measurement and evaluation of teaching
– Delivering professional services and instructional and informational University events and activities
– Providing superior service to the University faculty/staff/student community
Our major, year-round, SRSU Instructional Services all-campuses event is our live and virtual “Brown Bag” presentations and workshops. Starting from 2003/2004 to the present day, Tim Parsons has been providing these informational Brown Bags every semester as either live events on the Alpine and Del Rio/Eagle Pass/Uvalde campuses , or (since summer 2020) as virtual events to all campuses. See recent Brown Bag event info/handouts/recording links here.
SRSU signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Sam Houston State University in 2020 agreeing to join Lamar Institute of Technology in a TSUS shared services partnership. The stated objective of this initiative is to share Learning Management System resources and instructional information in support of improving and expanding quality online education within the Texas State University System. See an overview of the scope of this partnership and details on new resources and expanded support services available to SRSU Faculty and students here.
To Contact SRSU Instructional Services:
SRSU Blackboard Administration – Instructional Designer / Technologist
P.O. Box C-6, Alpine 79832
About the Division of Educational and Cultural Resources:
The departments and offices within the Division of Educational and Cultural Resources include: Archives of the Big Bend, Career and Testing Services, Center for Big Bend Studies, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Multicultural Center, Instructional Services – Blackboard Administration and Support, International Studies, Library, Museum of the Big Bend, and SRSU Professional Development.
Division of Educational and Cultural Resources
- BAB 313
- PO Box C-106
- Alpine TX 79832