Application Fee and Housing Deposit

In order to request either a residence hall room or an apartment on-campus, a student must have a current housing application on file. To submit/complete the application process, a non-refundable application fee of $50 must be paid. All University housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, contingent upon the date of submitted housing application and the application fee receipt. The application fee can be paid online while completing the housing application.

Applying for Efficiency and Lobo Pack Apartments

For students interested in residing in the Efficiency or Lobo Pack apartments, please note that submitting an application for these apartments does not guarantee a student an apartment. Residential Living maintains a waiting list for Efficiency and Lobo Pack apartments based on the date the application and application fee are submitted.  Please note that apartments are typically in high demand and spaces are limited. Residential Living strongly recommends that students interested in these areas apply at the earliest opportunity. Students can apply to live in the Efficiency apartments before their 21st birthday or junior year, but must be 21 years of age or hold junior classification status at time of occupancy. Students who are interested in Lobo Pack Housing should review guideline requirements prior to applying to ensure they will meet requirements at time of occupancy.

Housing Contract

All students entering in the Fall and Spring semesters must sign a Residential Living agreement for the entire academic year.  Students entering in the Spring semester will sign a Residential Living agreement for the Spring session. Summer sessions require a separate application and agreement. Students who move out of Residential Living before the contracted time has lapsed and withdraw from the University will be billed for any additional charges or damage costs to the room. Students who move out of Residential Living without appropriate authorization from the Office of Residential Living and remain enrolled in the University will not receive a refund and all room, board, and damage charges must be paid. Students who fulfill their Residential Living agreement (and withdraw from the University) or have met the University live-on requirement may request less deductions for unnecessary wear, damage, or cleaning charges at the completion of the required occupancy.

Housing Cancellation

Students must claim their reserved room or apartment prior to the first day of classes or their housing reservation will be cancelled.  If a student arrives late, the reservation can be held with prior approval if  the Office of Residential Living is notified in writing prior to the beginning of classes.  Any student who fails to claim their reserved space will be considered a “no show” and the room assignment will be forfeited.

Registered for Classes

All students must be registered for classes prior to August 1 during the Fall semester or December 15 for the Spring semester.  Failure to register for classes before these deadlines without providing notification to the Office of Residential Living in writing may lead to cancellation of reserved housing assignment for corresponding semester.  Upon registration, the student will be given an assignment based on their registration date instead of their application date.