What is the Talent Search Program?
The Talent Search program at Sul Ross State University identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides free academic, career, and financial counseling to qualified participants ranging from grades 6-12 while encouraging them to graduate from high school as well as continue on to and complete their postsecondary education.
- Academic Advisement
- College Awareness
- Career Exploration
- Financial Aid Awareness
- Financial Literacy
- Scholarship Information
- College & Career Field Trips
- SAT & ACT Prep Activities
- Individual Assistance with College Admissions, Scholarship Applications & Financial Aid Forms
Who can join Talent Search?
In order to be eligible for selection as Talent Search participants, students must meet the following criterion:
- Be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien;
- Be at least 11 years of age, grades 6-12;
- Commit to remain in the program until HS graduation;
- Demonstrate an interest or desire to attend college
To become a Talent Search Member BOTH a Student Application and a Parent Application are REQUIRED by law.
For more information, please contact the TS Coordinator at school, the Director or Main Office.
Director of Talent Search Program
Sul Ross State University
- Kaylee Plowman
- Director of Talent Search Program
- Sul Ross State University