VA Certification

Sul Ross Veteran’s Benefits Application

In order to use your VA benefits, you must provide the Center for Enrollment Services with a copy of your VA eligibility letter. For more information, and to obtain your eligibility letter, please follow the appropriate link:

Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill

Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment

Chapter 33: Post 9/11 and Fry Scholarship

Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance

Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve

Before certification, you will need to obtain a degree plan and register for classes. Once those steps are completed, contact a School Certifying Official (SCO) at

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e}, Sul Ross State University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs {VA} Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33} or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to;
  • Require student secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities} available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent} or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

For information on other VA educational services:

Tutorial Assistance

National Testing Program

Tuition Assistance