Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - Occupational Licensing Programs
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) serves as the environmental agency for the state of Texas. TCEQ strives to protect human and natural resources with sustainable economic development. Licensing of individuals seeking Occupational Licensing ensures minimum competency in occupations directly affecting public health and the environment. Please visit the TCEQ website, https://www.tceq.texas.gov/, for information regarding the preparation, requirements, and approvals you must have before taking the Occupational Licensing exam.
The following exams are currently available through the computer-based testing system.
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester
- Customer Service Inspector
- Groundwater Operator (Class B and C)
- Landscape Irrigation Inspector
- Landscape Irrigation Technician
- Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank (LPST) Corrective Action Project Manager
- Municipal Solid Waste (Class A (4 hours) and B (2 hours))
- On-site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) Installer I and II
- OSSF Designated Representative
- OSSF Maintenance Provider
- Surface Water Operator (Class B and C)
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) On-site Supervisor Classes A and B (those seeking the A/B combo must pass both A&B exam)
- Wastewater Collections Operator (Class I, II, and III)
- Wastewater Operator (Class B, C, and D)
- Water Treatment Specialist (Class I, II, and III)
Computer-based testing is available by appointment. Contact the testing center to schedule a testing appointment by calling (432) 837-8178 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Exams are $30.00 each, made payable by cash, check, credit, or debit card.