The Director of Accounting and Finance supervises the disbursements, investments, accounting, collections, budget, and property and inventory functions of the university; assists the Vice President of Budget and Finance with special projects; and assists departments with matters regarding budgets, fund balances, expenditures and payment vouchers.
Travel Forms and Information
Travel Reimbursement Rates:
Travelers will be reimbursed for actual hotel expenses not to exceed U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) https://fmx.cpa.state.tx.us/fmx/travel/textravel/rates/current.php allowable rates for in-state and out-state travel. Specific GSA maximum lodging rates are assigned to designated primary destinations within each state. See the Office of Student Life home page for student travel forms.
Mileage rate: a state employee is entitled to be reimbursed for mileage incurred to conduct state business. The reimbursement may not exceed the product of the actual number of miles traveled for business and the maximum mileage reimbursement rate. The mileage reimbursement rate is inclusive of all expenses associated with the employee’s use of his or her vehicle. Effective January 27, 2023, the allowable travel mileage reimbursement rate is 65.5 cents per mile.
- Travel Policy (*NEW* Effective 1/16/23 – PDF, 194 KB)
- Travel Voucher (PDF, 567 KB) Updated: 3/2/23
- Higher Lodging Request (XLS, 271 KB)
- Check Request (XLS, 8.5 KB)
- Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Form (PDF, 53.4 KB)
- State Contract Airfare/Hotels/Rental Vehicle
- University’s Online Mapping Service
- State of Texas Travel Allowance Guide (Link cannot be viewed using FireFox)
- Electronic Promissory Note
- New Index Code Request Form
Property and Inventory
Interdepartmental Transfer Form
Annual Financial Report
Internal Accounting Policy
- Sul Ross Index Codes (Updated 10.19.23)